Log In | Contact Us
Browse: Collections Subjects Creators Record Groups

University of Houston. Faculty Association (1947-1962) | University of Houston Libraries

Name: University of Houston. Faculty Association (1947-1962)


Historical Note:

The Faculty Association of the University of Houston Constitution and By - Laws, adopted January 20, 1947 outlined the principle purposes as: to foster a bond of fellowship among its members; to promote the progress of the University of Houston; to act as a service organization and open forum, and to direct the operation of the Faculty Club. Membership was limited to full time faculty, including research faculty of the University of Houston whose duties were primarily non-administrative.

On November 19, 1962, a faculty committee concluded that the first three parts of the Faculty Association Constitution were being served by the Faculty Senate, and that the sole purpose of the Faculty Associates seemed to be; "To direct the operation of the Faculty Club." The merger Committee recommended the amalgamation of the two associations and that a committee composed of the Chairman of the two organization plus two members at large be appointed to rewrite the constitution and by laws of the new organization to be named: University of Houston Faculty Club.





Page Generated in: 0.111 seconds (using 94 queries).
Using 2.89MB of memory. (Peak of 3.09MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-2
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign