Log In | Contact Us
Browse: Collections Subjects Creators Record Groups

The Auxiliary of the Center for Hearing and Speech | University of Houston Libraries

Name: The Auxiliary of the Center for Hearing and Speech


Historical Note: The Center for Hearing and Speech (formerly known as the Houston School for Deaf Children) was established in 1947 by the parents of deaf children. The school focuses on teaching hearing impaired and deaf children to lip-read and use residual hearing to communicate orally with hearing individuals. This collection focuses on the Auxiliary of the Center for Hearing and Speech, which was founded in 1969 to raise funds for the school, which has a sliding tuition scale.
Note Author: Julia Taylor




Page Generated in: 0.113 seconds (using 94 queries).
Using 2.88MB of memory. (Peak of 3.09MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-2
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign